Farming is the Future - by Khylah Harris



During my internship I have visited multiple farms. Two of the farms I’ve visited are owned by farmers who used to farm in their native countries. They came to the US to farm for a profit. Farming is a part of their culture and upbringing. They are very passionate about their land and want to share their passion with their communities. They feel strongly about farming and believe everyone should know how to grow their own food as a life skill. I agree, farming is an underrated skill in urban areas of our country. It is important to be able to grow and harvest your own food, especially since we are living in unpredictable times. I would love to work with farmers and assist them in growing and harvesting their crops and give them the support they need to be successful. I will encourage others to nurture their green thumb and take an interest in farming and gardening



Comments

  1. Well said. This is a powerful insight concisely and clearly conveyed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment