Trip to UMD - by Makayla Kret

The view of the campus farm from the Green roof located on the Physical Sciences Complex. So cool!



Two weeks ago, we had the opportunity to receive a personalized tour of the University of Maryland

campus.

This tour lasted two days and was full of fun activities. I could see parts of campus I had never visited before. Being a University of Maryland student, it was fun to see parts of campus I have never been to. My favorite part of the trip was visiting the campus green rooftop on the Physical Sciences Complex. I never knew that beautiful green roof was there. 


Another exciting part of the trip was meeting the other interns in person. The campus tour was the first time we all were able to meet each other in person. We shared experiences about our internships and what projects we were working on. I also enjoyed touring the aquaponics lab. I thought the way the aquaponics system worked was interesting. I thought visiting the campus farm was fun as well. I have taken a few classes there working with the animals, but I still saw areas of the farm I have never seen before! 


During the campus tour, I learned so many new things. I strengthened my networking skills through the training with LEAD Maryland. I learned the Dos and the Don’ts of networking. This was very helpful in meeting new professionals in the Agriculture industry during my internship. I learned about different jobs available in the Agriculture industry. This will be very helpful as I begin entering my career. 


This campus tour was an exciting experience for all involved. I was able to connect with the other interns and learn more about them. This tour also provided me with new skills and knowledge of networking and teamwork that I did not have before. I am so thankful we were able to take this trip to campus and tour UMD. I saw the beautiful campus in a way I never had before. 


Thank you to all who made this campus tour possible. It was a wonderful experience for all of us!





This is one of the fistulated cows located on the University of Maryland Campus Farm.





Comments